Translate

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Tim Holtz January Tag 2015

Tim Holtz January Tag 2015

Here is Tim's Tag


As usual Tim has made an AMAZING TAG.
You can check out Tim's Tag, all the directions, and
the products he used on his blog:

I can't believe that June is almost over and I 
am just now completing my January Tag. 
I am just so happy I finally made the tag as
I fell in love with the entire process of creating it.

When I began making the tags for this year,
January just flew by and I wasn't able to make mine
in time to post.  I always knew I wanted to change mine up 
a little bit.  With January celebrating the beginning of a new year,
I really wanting to create an impression of fireworks.
I love fireworks....it is just a beautiful explosion of
color in the sky for everyone to "AHHH" over.
So that is how the idea of my tag developed.

Here is my version of Tim's January 2015 Tag.






I made my background following Tim's
directions.  Then I got to work
using Tim's Label Die: #660060.
I am really loving this die and finding it very
versatile.  I used some scraps of black and gray card stock
and gold shimmer paper to cut out the 
design shapes for the fireworks.  I off set the shapes 
as I layered the design and of course I inked and distressed
everything! For my numbers I drew them on chipboard and
hand cut them out.  Then for the five I used the glitter,
and for the one I used layers of paint and finished with a 
coat of Glossy Accents.  I used a Vial Label behind the one, 
inked it with Walnut Distress Ink, and stamped
 Jan on it and used a fine black sharped to make
some small dots under the month. I used a small brad 
and a gear on the smallest firework.
 I also added some bling ...a little extra ohhh and ahhh!
For the chit chat stickers, I put them inside a Sizzix 
Frame, Stamp Combo die.  I backed it with chipboard, 
painted and distressed it, Glossy Accented, and used
 twine and a Hitch Fastener for a knob to hang
it on.  In the center I distressed the itty bitty heart brad my 
girlfriend gave me from her stash.  I followed 
Tim's directions on the twenty.  After everything was
adhered to the page, I then continued to layer with 
Tarnish Brass Spray Stain, some Picket Fence 
(I splattered with an old paint brush) and some Walnut 
Distress Ink and Spray Stain.  I was heavy on the tarnished 
brass spray, but I was really happy with the look of this tag
when I was finished
Supplies I didn't use:
Arrow, star, spritzer, splatter brush, Krylon gold leafing
pen, and I used the Vial Labels not the Index labels.

 I was at a girlfriend's house and 
didn't have all my product I wanted to use for this tag.
However, I was really pleased with the outcome.
It turned out totally different from ANYTHING I 
have ever made before....probably the most 
distressed look of anything I have done.
I really got into it....
This tag was all about the layering
of color, expressing a fireworks display, and making
it SHIMMER! I wish you could see it for real, because
I don't think my picture did it justice.
I am loving my January Tag!!!!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment