Tuesday, August 9, 2016


Tim Holtz Aug 2016 Tag

Here is Tim's Tag for the month of August.
I am "In LOvE" with this month's tag.  
If you are too and want to follow along, here is the link:
Tim has all of his directions on how to make this tag
on his blog....
Here is my take on Tim's tag...
I just had to take some time out from 
Creative Chemistry 103 to make an August Tag.
I began by making the background....I just LoVe the colors.

So I didn't have the Stormy Sky in the spray so I just used my distress ink.
Just follow Tim's directions and use the ink pad instead.
I then focused on what design I wanted for the tag.
I really felt like sticking to Tim's main design because I lOvEd
it that much.  However, I wanted my honeycombs to really stand out.
When I saw that he used the corrugated cardboard as one of the 
products, I thought that would make great honeycombs stacked onto
each other to give it a 3D look.

As you can see I went ahead and put all of this together...
I always check out my scrap paper for projects. 
There's always something in there especially for small parts.
I ended up having to make my label...
.I am either out or never had any....
This tag is coming together pretty quick at this point.
Mainly because Tim has done all the work for me.....
To make the label, I measured the honey combs,
 because I didn't want it to be larger than that design.
I cut a strip of  black and white card stock,
(making sure the white was just inside the black),
and glued them together.   (Don't forget the angles at the top).
Then I just took the black sharpie
 and used the ruler as a guide  to draw a
 line along the edge of the white paper. 
I inked with Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy 
and Walnut Stain Distress Ink on the label and cut it to size.
Now to figure out the rest of the design and the embellishments.
Sometimes you have to try several ideas 
before you find the RIGHT one!!!!
I finally decided to go with the darker flowers...
I think that might be a taupe color.  
I used some stamps from these sets.
I printed my quote in a"WORD Doc." onto
white card stock, cut it and inked it.
Two teeny tiny bling were added onto the bee.
I used Tim's tiny types for the word BE...
I just had to cut them down a teeny tiny bit....
 and then time for the Burlap Ribbon (distressed) at the top.
Last Step: splattered Walnut Stain!
I LOVED every minute of making this TAG.....

Whoo Hoo....
in every way 
and every day!
Feel free to leave some SCRAPPY LoVe!